Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is eVox® covered by insurance?
- Procedures performed during the eVox System brain health assessment are reimbursed by Medicare and some commercial insurance providers.
What is the eVox system?
- The eVox System is a medical device intended to acquire, display, and store electrical activity of a patient’s brain including electroencephalography (EEG) and Event-related Potentials (ERP) to aid in diagnosis. The eVox system is a Class II medical device that has received Section 510(K) clearance from the FDA.
- The eVox system is perfect for primary and specialty physicians who see patients with memory loss symptoms – no prior neuroscience expertise needed.
- eVox is used in your office and can be administered by a physician’s M.A. or office staff.
Is the eVox system FDA cleared?
- Yes, the eVox System has received section 510(K) clearance from the FDA.
What is included in the eVox system?
- The eVox system includes the workstation hardware, software, and disposables.
- The hardware includes a laptop computer (pre-loaded with eVox proprietary software), eVox amplifier, patient response button, USB charging cable, 2 reusable EEG recording caps, and ear buds.
- Disposables include electro-conductive gel, syringe, blunt tip needles, alcohol swabs, and NuPrep skin preparatory cream. The disposables cover approximately 15 to 20 patient sessions and re-supplies are very cost effective
Where can I purchase additional supplies for my eVox system?
- Additional supplies are available for purchase from Electro Cap International by calling 800.527.2193. A complete list of supplies is provided with your eVox system.