Are cognitive measurement biofeedback tests covered by insurance?
EEG measurement and analysis is covered by CMS and most insurance companies. There are six different CPT codes that are generally reimbursed in conjunction with proper ICD-10 codes. For a list of applicable CPT and ICD-10 codes, contact Evoke Neuroscience at email@example.com.
Is eVox® neurotherapy covered by insurance?
Neurotherapy is reimbursed by some insurance providers. It is also commonly performed as a cash-pay procedure. For a list of applicable CPT and ICD-10 codes, and information about national rates for patient-pay procedures, contact Evoke Neuroscience at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the eVox system?
- The eVox system is a device to help physicians objectively measure and optimally manage memory loss, cognitive impairment, and other stress-related conditions.
- The eVox system is a state-of-the-art hardware and software system that allows for an objective and expansive functional measurement of the brain and cognition using electroencephalography (EEG), electrocardiography (ECG), and event-related potential (ERP).
- The eVox system is designed to help facilitate early and continuous understanding of changes in cognitive function. As a result, it can deliver quantitative information for physicians to provide informed medical, nutritional, and behavioral interventions to help optimize patient outcomes.
- eVox allows primary care physicians and specialists to monitor dynamic changes that take place throughout the brain during cognitive processing tasks.
- The eVox system is the only system available that combines these sophisticated assessment tools into one portable, easy-to-use workstation that generates a cognitive assessment report that informs of a more individualized biofeedback protocol.
- eVox provides a report which is a useful tool to the clinician as an adjunct to traditional subjective clinical assessment, as it provides objective data with high degree of sensitivity in detecting subtle variations in brain activity.
- eVox does not require a physician to operate the device.
Why are EEG, ECG, and ERP measures important?
- EEG shows how well-functioning brain regions compensate for dysfunctional regions which allows specific determination of varied treatments and an ability to track changes over time.1 EEG analysis can identify the specific electrical frequency markers of physiological aging and memory performance.2-4
- ECG is used to calculate heart rate variability (HRV) measures that are linked to cognitive decline, and anxiety and stress related conditions.5 Low HRV predicts heart disease incidence and is linked to cognitive impairment.6-10
- Event-Related Potentials (ERP) measure real-time cognitive processing that is essential for healthy brain functions and helps detect early risk measures of dementia, including:
- Decision making, organization, attention, and memory11-16
- Visual processing17
- Language processing18,19
- ERP testing measures inattention, impulsivity, motor processing speed, and reaction time linked to cognitive impairment.20
What is included in the eVox system?
- The eVox system includes the workstation hardware, software, and disposables to collect EEG, ECG, and ERP data for both cognitive assessment reporting and neurotherapy applications.
- The eVox system initially comes with a package of “report credits” for you to get started. A “report credit” is required each time you run a cognitive assessment test on a patient. This enables the workstation to perform the test and automatically generates a summary and detailed cloud-based eVox report.
- The hardware includes a laptop computer (pre-downloaded with eVox proprietary software), eVox amplifier, patient response button, USB charging cable, 2 reusable EEG/ECG recording caps, and ear buds.
- Disposables include electro-conductive gel, syringe, blunt tip needles, alcohol swabs, ECG sensors, NuPrep skin preparatory cream, and orange sticks for cap cleaning. The stocking order of disposables is cost effective and supports approximately 15 to 20 patient recordings.
Where can I purchase additional report credits and testing supplies for my eVox system?
- Additional supplies are available for purchase from Electro Cap International by calling 800.527.2193. A complete list of supplies is provided with your eVox system.
- You can purchase additional report credits on the secure and HIPAA compliant Evoke Neuroscience web portal at portal.evokeneuroscience.com.